Business and Investment Migration
Businss Talent Visa Subclass 132Do you have a Successful Business or a strong Business Career and a planning to Establish an Office, Buy a Business or Migrate on your Business or Investment skills to Australia. Then, we can help. There are a few options available for you. Therefore, it is essential to obtain upfront immigration advise.
Business Talent Visa Subclass 132 - PERMANENT VISA available to applicants in two streams:
People who have successful business career and held significant ownership interest in a business
- Under 55 years or exempted.
- Must have at least 2 of the last 4 fiscal years:
- net assets in qualifying business of at least AUD 400,000; or
- a 10% ownership of the business if it is a publicly listed company; and
- the business had an annual turnover of at least AUD 3 million for 2 of the last 4 fiscal years; and
- have / own net assets of at least AUD 1.5 million.
Second Stream for the subclass 132:
This Stream is for people who have access to at least AUD 1 million from Australian venture capital funding (Legal Binding agreement) from AVCAL for started ups, commercialization of a product or development or expansion of a business.
Business Innovation and Investment Visa Subclass 188 / 888
Business Innovation & Investment Subclasses 188 /888 visas are for investors and business owners who wish to invest or establish businesses in Australia.
It is a two stage visa program to get Permanent Resident Visa.
There are 4 streams to this Visa Subclass:
This option requires you to have owned a business and to be intending to establish business operations in Australia. You will need to meet the following criteria if you are applying through the Business Innovation Stream:
- Requires SkillSelect and invited by minister to apply.
- Under 55 years at time of invitation to apply or exemption
- Requires Points Test (score minimum 65 points).
- Business turnover in one or more business at least AUD$ 500,000 – 2 out of 4 years before invitation
- Combined Business and personal asset of applicant and spouse of Min AUD$ 800,000 for establishment or conduct of business in Australia.
- Assets are lawfully acquired and transfer to Australia for visa grant.
Possible 2 extension – 2 years each.
Investor Stream (188 Provisional) Visa
This option requires Applicants to have managed investments or owned a business in Australia and have a willingness to make further investments in Australia. The applicant must be willing to invest AUD $5 million in Australian State or Territory Government bonds, known as a “Designated Investment” once the “Eligible Investment” has matured. If you are applying for the Investor Stream, the Applicant must:
- Require application by Skillselect and invited by writing by minister
- Nominated by state or territory government
- Under 55 years or exemption
- Required to pass point test (65 points Minimum)
- Successful record of eligible investment activity or business.
- 3 years direct involvement in managing businesses or eligible investment
- 1 out of 5 years – direct management of business and have minimum 10% ownership. Or maintain direct involvement of in managing eligible investment and minimum net value of AUD$ 1.5 million.
- Net worth of AUD$ 2.25 million, 2 years before applying
- Applicants make a designated investment of $ 1.5 + million in an Australian State or Territory issued bond.
Requires the primary applicant to spend 2 years in state or territory before progressing to PR.
Significant Investor Streams
The Significant Investor Stream is available to Applicants willing to invest at least AUD $5 million a “Complying Investment”. The Applicant must show (among other things):
- the $5 million was legally acquired and is unencumbered;
- evidence that they have resided at least 160 days (out of 4 years) in the nominating State or Territory; and
- a real and genuine commitment to maintain the Complying Investment for at least 4 years.
A Significant Investor Visa holder may be able to apply for up to TWO extensions of the visa, so long as they continue to hold the requisite interest in the complying investments.
- Available to applicants making a $5 million+ investment in different class of asset in Australia. Legally acquired and unencumbered funds
- Evidence of living 160 days out of 4 years or 40 days each year for 4 years in the state or territory nominated
After a period of 4 years, applicants may apply for PR.
- Complying Investment :The required AUD $5 million must be invested in:
- Commonwealth, State or Territory Bonds;
- ASIC approved managed funds; or
- Directly into Australian [proprietary] companies.
Direct investment in Australian Real Estate will NOT be considered a Complying Investment for the purposes of this visa.
Second Stage of the Subclass 888
The second stage of the Business Innovation and Investment (BII -Provisional visa) (subclass 188). You can apply after you have fulfilled the requirements of your provisional visa. This visa allows visa holders to continue to own and manage a business in Australia under the Business innovation stream, or, continue business and investment activity in Australia under the investor stream and significant investor stream. Visa holders will be eligible
- they hold a provisional Business Innovation and Investment visa (subclass 188) and have met the requirements of that visa in the stream in which they first applied; or
- hold a Special Category visa (subclass 444) or a Business (Long stay) visa (subclass 457IE) and have met the requirements of the business innovation stream.
If you would like to know your eligibility to apply for a Business or Investor visa, please contact First Choice Visa now.